Pages

Thursday 19 February 2009

Crossways - a zero carbon house

So... its not that i'm jumping on the band wagon of this particular media zeitgeist, Fact is, I will have a part in designing zero-carbon houses in the future and I wanted a bunch of links to this very interesting house.



Now I'm not an architect... but there's something about the form of this building which doesn't sit right with me. I find the timbral roof beautiful and intriguing, but the blocks on the front detract from the simplicity of the overall form. but what do I know? anyhoo here are the links

www.crossway.tumblr.com
Crossway is one of the first zero carbon houses in the UK. The building explores the uniqueness of 'place' as well as harnessing solar energy to generate all its own electricity and thermal energy.


The Architects (and clients) professional website - Hawkes

DuPont™ Energain®
The Homepage of Energain - Providing essential thermal mass in low inertia buildings


No comments:

Post a Comment